Saturday, May 28, 2011

Getting Into the Rhythm of Things.

Things are really starting to settle in now-- I've got the basic job functions down now, and I can start applying all the things I learned yesterday-- especially all the mistakes I made-- to make today even  more productive and smooth-sailing. I've already received several compliments from coworkers of all levels, on the quality of my work, which I feel is a good sign-- after all, the more people @ Safeway like me, the more I'll be able to get the support I need to get promoted, and I want to get promoted as soon as possible.

The main thing I needed to work on (other than those damn go-backs!!!) today is BOB (Bottom of Basket), which is still quite easy to forget-- I'll need to instill a habit for it; especially when transitioning between break/lunch and work, I tend to forget about the finer details like that.

That's why I hate taking breaks: they kill my rhythm, make me forget stuff, and throw off my professional equilibrium. I sometimes wish I could skip breaks altogether.

But all in all, it's been a really good day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment